Sunday, April 4, 2010

L'Afrique



I'm in such a state of limbo right now. Grounded, misplaced trust, loss of liberty. My parents say that they can't trust me to do anything right now, that they feel as if they have to watch me all of the time. Ghana is an uncertainty.

But I hope, oh, I hope it happens. I've applied, and will (hopefully!) be accepted soon. I need this. I need to get out. I'm suffocating here, trapped within old expectations. This city is stifling. I think going to Africa, helping people, doing something really worthwhile - I think it will give me a much-needed new perspective. I think it will lift me up out of my life and give me something new to work for. Some motivation to pick it up and stop being a drifter, to stop lazing through the days. I can't ever get these years back.

I cannot, cannot wait.