Sunday, April 18, 2010

We were.

Cover your eyes, the devil's inside.
Jared Leto says it best.

I've turned lazy-eyed, bovine. Brain turned to splinters inside my skull. Sinking friendships, nothing in common, we don't want you. You know nothing, nothing of our kind. Crazy panic fury scream scream cry can't do this.

Either way, I lose someone. But I don't think I can go back to who I was. Who was I? They're right, of course, I was like them once. I would have given up on current-me too. I understand. I comprehend entirely. It hurts, though. Sticksharp. Drip, drip, little poison blood. Why do we replace one pain with another?

I don't want to lose my (almost best) friends. I am happy when I'm around them. I can imagine success. I already miss them. I've already almost lost them.

I don't want to lose my (boyfriend?). I don't know if I can turn my back on this dangerously addicting lifestyle. I miss him when he's not around.

Everything's so fragile, crack-crack broken glass. Spindly canyons reaching spiderwebs patterns through the ice of our friendships. Sinking friendships. We drown them all.