Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Bummer.

I've been saying that word too much.

My piercing's stopped migrating I think, but it's healing a bit crooked. I don't mind, though. I still love it. Thinking about getting my forward helix and septum soontimes. Tattoos are imminent (when I save up).

Goethe went well today. Made friends with a cute opera singer and a slightly egotistical 40 year old, as well as a francophone girl. German's fun, but it's hard to learn a completely new language. Starting from scratch with this kind of thing is weird. I'm used to having a comfort zone in a language - something to fall back on. I found myself relying on my French, thinking in it, occasionally starting sentences in French instead of English or German. I guess my brain switched into a foreign-language mode or something.

In other news, I wish I could call you. Not having you here has expanded my horizons, friendship-wise. I have a lot more people I can talk to, confide in, hang out with, etc. Close friends. I'm glad. But none of them are you. I guess I just miss you a lot. Can't wait for you to get back home.